Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Boobies, Boobies, Boobies and Veggies

My youngest, Stinkerbell, is OBSESSED with boobs. Particularly, mine. She will squeeze them, poke them, snuggle them, like they are her own personal Pillow Pets given to her by God Almighty. I, on the other hand, am not amused with her fixation with them. And here is why.

We will be in Walmart, and she will be sitting in the cart against her will, shooting me death looks. I will start talking to her to get her out of her dark mood and she will more than likely perk up. Then she will lean forward and smoosh my chest against her face. Or just all out squeeze "the twins". In public. And bystanders laugh while I turn the color of the Kool Aid man. SO I have tried to talk to her about the fact that she cannot do that, especially in public. So when she does this,I calmly remind her "We talked about this." She usually stops.

Now she will also ask me when she will get boobies like mine. Sometimes I ignore her and other times I will tell her she will get them when she is 40. And again that placates her.

Not Stinkerbell, like her sister, treats veggies like an accessory to meals. She will eat corn and thats it. I have tried to get her to eat peas and broccoli to no avail. Then I came up with a GREAT IDEA. A few weeks ago, she refused to eat broccoli. My response?
"If you eat the broccoli, you will grow boobies..." She ate every piece of broccoli. Yay me! SO I continued to remind her of that .

Well my lovely little plan backfired on me this past weekend. We went someplace where she was once again messing with the boobies and I told her "We talked about this." And she stopped. Later that night, I made stir fry. With broccoli. She looked at it and made a face. Without thinking, I said
"If you eat the broccoli, you'll get boobies.." SHe looks at her plate, at my chest and then me and without missing a beat goes "Mommy, we talked about this.."
I had to turn and look out the window because I was laughing so hard. Suburban Cowboy was in the next room in tears he was laughing so hard.

Well how the heck am I going to get her to eat her veggies now???? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment